We understand that you must balance your commitment to supporting City Lights with your interests in numerous other worthy organizations. Because of this, we offer a variety of ways that you can support City Lights and make a difference in our community. Read on, and choose which options are the best fit for you!
• Donate Online: Make a quick, easy and secure online donation through our online donation system.
• Donate Cash: The most straightforward way to contribute is also the most needed. Donations in any amount are appreciated, with gifts of $100 and above being especially meaningful. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Call 408-295-4200 to donate by phone, or contact us via the U.S. mail at 529 S. Second St., San Jose, CA 95112.
• Donate Monthly: When you join our monthly automatic-donation program, your gift will be automatically charged to your credit card, providing important support for City Lights’ ongoing expenses. It’s an easy, secure, and effective way to donate. You can choose this option when you donate online, or call us for more details.
• Sponsor a Production: Would you like to see your company or family name in lights? Contact us to learn about our sponsorship opportunities, which offer valuable benefits that result in a powerful return on your investment.
• Use the AmazonSmile program: If you already make purchases through Amazon, you can support us with no additional cost to you! Sign up for AmazonSmile and select City Lights Performance Group of San Jose as your charitable organization. Then Amazon will donate a percentage of the purchase price to City Lights.
• Donate Goods or Services: In-kind donations form a significant portion of City Lights’ budget. Our wish list includes office supplies and equipment, power tools, hospitality and cleaning services, and raffle/auction items for fundraisers. Contact us to learn more.
• Donate your Automobile: Tired of tripping over that old clunker in the garage? Consider donating your used car to City Lights. We can also accept motorcycles, RVs, boats, and even aircraft. After donation, the item is auctioned off and you can claim the gross sales proceeds as a tax deduction. All proceeds will directly benefit City Lights. Donate through Vehicles for Charity.
• Register for eScrip: A great program that raises funds for City Lights but doesn’t cost you a penny! Register your grocery cards and credit/debit cards with eScrip. Make your everyday purchases at dozens of merchants, including Safeway, and a percentage will automatically be donated to City Lights. It’s free, easy, quick, and secure. Join the hundreds of City Lights supporters who donate through eScrip! Sign up through eScrip.com.
• Double your Donation with Corporate Matching Gifts: If your company has a matching-gift program, your donation can be doubly helpful. Ask your company’s human-resources manager or community-relations manager if the company matches employee donations and if a form is required.
• Make an impact with Corporate Grants: Many companies have foundations or community programs that give grants to nonprofits only on the referral of an employee. Check with your community-affairs officer to see if such an opportunity exists—if so, we are happy to help you submit the application!
• Include City Lights in your Plans: Talk to your financial advisor and contact City Lights at 408-295-4200 if you are interested in donating stock, insurance, or other securities, establishing a bequest or legacy, or supporting the company in another way.
• Volunteer: From the administrative office to the concessions stand to the backstage, we appreciate our volunteers! Call 408-295-4200 for more information. City Lights Theater Company of San Jose is a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 408-295-4200 if you have any questions or ideas about how to contribute to City Lights. Thank you!